Looking for a company that offers catering by design for your Portland or Vancouver event?
Food is a central part of any celebration and we know it's important that any event reflects your taste and vision which is why Simply Thyme offers catering by design.
Chef Tamara Leibfarth CEC and her culinary team will add the "savory ingredient" to the success of your celebration by creating unique menus and giving attention to the quality and presentation of what we prepare.
Creative catering starts with listening to your ideas
Simply Thyme Catering provides creative catering for small, intimate parties to large scale events . . . from picnic pleasures to elegant thymes!
We offer customized services and menus for a range of budget considerations. Catering prices vary based on menu selections, guests count and level of service, so we'll create a plan that works for you.
Our emphasis is creative menus giving attention to quality & presentation with seasonal menus and local ingredients. Our commitment is to provide exceptional service & a creative environment for both employees and clients.
Simply Thyme Catering-our story
Chef Tamara, the owner of Simply Thyme Catering, began her experience with the premise of adding the "savory ingredient" to any event with fresh, creative, innovative menu options.
Starting with catering services for Social and Corporate catering in February 2006, she soon added Aviation Catering for private jets and charters flying from PDX in August of the same year.
Business grew and we were soon catering for more than 1600 events in each of the last two years.
Chef Tamara's accolades
- CEC (Certified Executive Chef) accreditation by the American Culinary Federation
- Western Regional President's Medallion 2003
- Chef of the Year 2002 Chef de Cuisine Society of Oregon
- Chef of the Year 1992 Maumee Valley Chef Association
Simply Thyme Catering has developed and offers a range of menu options, all focused on meeting the needs and tastes of host and guests. We provide breakfast menus, "Thyme to Go Box Lunch" and "Hot Options" or "Seasonal Thyme" menus for corporate clients, giving a range of product and price points to meet all budgets.
With an extensive list of appetizers, sides, salads and entrée selections, we assist in coordinating menus, as well as rental considerations, with clients hosting social events, supporting their vision for their event . . . . with a focus to provide the host the opportunity to be a guest at their own hosted event.
“Once again, Simply Thyme Catering out-did themselves on the lunches for Leadership Clark County's Diversity Session!”
- Leadership Clark County
List of our current community activities
- Simply Thyme Catering is on the board at the Clark County Skill Center in their culinary program, offering our experience and expertise to inspire a new generation of culinarians (2007 to present). This year, we sponsor a culinary student's membership dues into the Portland's Chef d' Cuisine Society in addition to payment of test fees for year's end Practical Test, with goal of obtaining Certified Culinarian through the American Culinary Federation.
- Chef Tamara is on the board of the Chef d' Cuisine Society of Oregon (2000 to present).
- Simply Thyme Catering actively supports efforts in education with auction donations to Evergreen School District, School House Supplies, Oregon College of Art & Craft and St. Joseph's Catholic School since we our opening.
- Catered the Zoo-la-la and Relay for Life events for the past seven years.